We know working for the Student Center isn't for everyone, but there are still many excellent opportunities to work across campus.The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. Contact information for each position can be found in the descriptions. Please note that they are NOT Student Center positions.
We are looking for students passionate about Georgia Tech and what they do. We are looking for reliable students who are serious about gaining a good work experience. We are looking for students who are creative or aspire to be more creative and want to develop the best services for current and prospective students. We are looking for students who want to work as part of a team and are dedicated to getting the job done. interested??
Must commit to one year.
Must have PHP experience or strong HTML and Java.
Must have some Photoshop or Illustrator experience.
• Implement content additions and changes to the GT Events/EMS website pages
• Assist with day to day configuration of the GT Events/EMS system
• Any other duties assigned
Individual should be tech savvy to include website content development skills, detail oriented, a good communicator with strong organizational skills, able to deliver on established timelines and follow up as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be available 10 hours a week during 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Interested applicants should email a resume and availability (Monday-Friday, between 8am -5pm) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No experience on the GT Events/EMS system is necessary. Training will be provided.
This position requires excellent communication skills, a strong speaking voice, the ability to think quickly, and a genuine affinity for GA Tech. We need students who are passionate about Tech and are willing and able to create rapport in order to request and negotiate much needed support of the GA Tech Annual Roll Call Fund. Working on the Phonathon team is a great opportunity to improve your communication, fundraising, and public relations skills for life after Tech.
Phonathon operates Sunday - Thursday from 6pm-9pm. Closed Fridays and Saturdays.
Regular Schedules ($8.25 per hour):
Students are only required to work two shifts (days) per week. You can request additional days (pending availability) but must work a minimum of two. The days you request can be different each week. Schedules are submitted in the beginning of each month.
Alternate Schedule ($9.50 per hour):
Alternative Schedule option means student commits to three shifts/days per week for the entire semester. These students are required to work three shifts per week but are paid more hourly. Make sure the demands of your coursework can accommodate this schedule.
**Though you are free to work different days each week it is highly suggested that you select specific days and work those consistently. **
Raises are assessed each semester for returning callers based on performance and attendance. Snacks will be provided on occasion, as well as various incentives and bonuses for achievement of individual and group goals.
• Make a clear, strong case for financial support (with provided
script) during every call in an effort to increase both donor
giving and participation. Be pleasant yet persistent in securing
pledges and negotiating gift amounts.
• Establish an open and engaging line of communication
creating a positive impression of GA Tech.
• Uphold Phonathon employment and confidentiality
• Arrive to work on time and with a positive attitude.
• Always remain positive and professional. Handle objections
and difficult conversations tactfully with courtesy and
• Commit to a minimum of 6 hours or 9 hours (2-3 shifts) per
• Develop and share techniques to help deal with objections and
improve the structure and style of your calls.
• Think quickly in responding to any questions and/or concerns
our alumni and donors may have.
• Manage school work load and job hours.
• Speak clear and fluent English.
• Have a good time!
Please submit your resume and two different days and times you are available for a 30-45 minute phone interview during the interview windows listed below. Please be in a quiet space with good cell phone reception during interview.
1st interview/hiring window: August 15th - 29th
2nd interview/hiring window: September 10th - 18th
Please submit a name, number and email address for previous employer if applicable.
Positions are available immediately and applicants will be reviewed until filled.
• Georgia Tech or USG student taking minimum of 6 credit hours (must provide official class schedule)
• Undergraduate status
• Ability to interact with vendors, students and the public
• Great organization skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel
• Professional attitude
-Collect and distribute mail to faculty and staff
-Run errands in building and on campus
-General clerical duties including: copying, filing, and word processing
-Stock and track office supplies
-Assist in inventory of equipment
-Any other duties assigned
Key inventory (audits)
Opening/Closing the office
Assisting Residents & Visitors
Working with other housing staff members
Employer: The Colonnade Group – Georgia Tech Athletic Hospitality
Hours: About 8 hours per game, ALL 6 home football games (additional opportunities will be available for a select few)
Rate of Pay: $9.00 per hour
September 9th - Jacksonville St
September 23rd - Pittsburgh
September 30th - North Carolina
October 21st - Wake Forest
November 11th - Virginia Tech
November 25th – Georgia
• Must be able to work ALL home football games as scheduled, including some nights and holidays.
• Past experience working in premium seating (preferred but not required)
• Must have a team-first, self-second attitude.
• Must be friendly & approachable.
• Must enjoy meeting and interacting with diverse groups of people.
• Must demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem-solving
• Must demonstrate willingness to go above and beyond to ensure a world-class experience for our guests, but also an ability to implement and uphold the policies in place.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time with limited breaks.
• Must attend pre-season orientation.
• Must attend pre-game meetings. Showing up late or not at all will warrant termination.
• Must wear khakis, close-toed shoes, and issued GTAH polo and name tag.
• Must conduct yourself in an appropriate, respectful and professional manner when communicating with GTAH Director & Intern, and other team members (via phone calls, GroupMe posts, e-mails, text messages, etc.)
• Must be willing to assist other team members with post-game duties.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Floor Captain
• Club Attendant
• Suite Attendant
• Ticket Attendant
• Door Attendant
• Travel Consultant