Homecoming 2017 is taking place on from October 11th through the 21st, and you have the opportunity to create the logo! This year’s theme is”1920’s”, with a tagline of “The Ramblin’ 20’s.” Rules and other information about the contest are listed below, or you can download our Logo Contest Rules. Submissions must be submitted by Friday, April 7th, 2017 at Noon.
Rules & Requirements |
• The contest open to Georgia Tech students only. Entrants must be current full-time or co-op undergraduate or graduate Georgia Tech students.
• All submissions must contain a primary graphic that includes the text “The Ramblin’s 20’s”. An alternate design (such as the design on the front of a t-shirt being a complement to the back design) is also required. The design must pertain to the actual theme.
• It is preferred that Buzz be incorporated in the design.
• Georgia Tech official colors should be incorporated in the design. Red is not allowed in the design.
• Designs that incorporate Georgia Tech registered trademarks can be hand drawn or scanned. Georgia Tech Licensing and Trademarks cannot provide the registered trademark files for development of the design contest.
• The winning design will be produced by a Georgia Tech official licensee. The licensee will use high-resolution files of the registered trademarks.
• All submissions must be in digital format and able to be modified.
Technical Information |
• Vector image files are preferred (i.e. Adobe Illustrator files). Photoshop .PSD files, JPG and other bitmap formats are acceptable, but the graphic should be large enough and high enough resolution for print up to a size of 3600 pixels (12 inch) in the largest dimension.
• All graphics should be designed at 300 DPI.
• Logos should contain no more than 6 colors for t-shirt printing purposes.
Any entry that does not comply with these policies and specifications will be subject to disqualification and will not receive points for submission.
Awards & Price Information |
• Students are able to submit multiple designs for consideration.
• Winning artwork is subject to approval by Georgia Tech Licensing, thus the artist must be willing to edit their design based on feedback of the Homecoming Committee and requirements of Georgia Tech Licensing.
• The designer of the winning logo will also receive up to a $150 contract, as the Homecoming Committee reserves the right to use elements from more than one submission. Payment for the work constitutes ownership of the design by the Student Center Programs Council. Students that are employed by the Institute will receive payment through direct deposit based on payroll; however, non-Tech employees will be paid through their Bursar’s Account.
All submissions are due by Noon on Friday, April 7th to firstname.lastname@example.org.