We know working for the Student Center isn't for everyone, but there are still many excellent opportunities to work across campus.The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. Contact information for each position can be found in the descriptions. Please note that they are NOT Student Center positions.
Applicants should be interested in working between 10-20 hours per week and writing student-related content for Georgia Tech web properties, as well as providing other support for campus communications, special events, and/or media relations. Drafting articles or news releases, crafting communications, and creating content for channels such as the Georgia Tech website, Daily Digest, and Campus Calendar will all be recurring tasks. You'll also be asked to participate in long-term Institute Communications goals and projects and be able to tackle projects of your own — come with ideas.
Familiarize yourself with some of our work at news.gatech.edu.
Office of Undergraduate Education
Assist the Office of Undergraduate Education with the following tasks:
o Help develop marketing plan and strategies for Summer Session
o Design marketing collateral, including – but not limited to print material, web banners, and social media icons.
o Creation and implementation of social media campaigns for different initiatives.
o Design and maintenance of social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)
o Design and maintenance of Summer Session Initiatives website, www.summer.gatech.edu
o Assist with outreach to current and incoming student populations, including tabling, placement of marketing materials on campus, distribution of marketing collateral, and more.
o Assist with outreach to current and incoming student populations through social media.
o Other duties as assigned
• Proficiency with MS Office and various social media platforms
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign
• Ability to produce marketing collateral using Adobe suite of design products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Pursuit of a design-related major within the College(s) of Computing, Business, Design or Liberal Arts.
• Experience with Drupal
• Experience with website design and marketing strategy
• Experience marketing to undergraduate student populations
$10 per hour
To apply for this position, please complete the application at the following link: https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dcHI6tDLWpQFp5P
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
-Assist in event set-up and re-setting spaces after events.
-Paper and water deliveries to various departments.
-Help maintain neat and clean appearances to common areas, classrooms, computer labs, and studios.
-Assist in studio set-up with furniture layout.
-Must be able to lift 75lbs.
-Looking for winter break, spring and summer semester help.
-Assist with hanging pictures and materials on walls.
-Assist in organizing spaces.
-Must Have a Drivers License.
-Perform other facility duties upon request.
Demonstrated proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite, preferably in one or more of the following: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, After Effects; Excellent writing and editing skills.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail; Excellent time management and organizational skills in producing multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines; Some graphic experience preferred, but not required.
Please send your resume and the names and email addresses of three references all combined into ONE pdf document to Dr. Chaohua Ou (firstname.lastname@example.org). Position is available starting December, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
• Video/audio editing; media production
• Web design / content management
• Desirable qualifications: Written & oral fluency in English and Spanish; interest in media culture, journalism and/or Latin American Studies.
Other specifications: Candidates must submit their CV and a brief statement of intent highlighting their experience with media production, Spanish language, and/or Latin American culture (email@example.com) by December 15, 2017.
These are some of the basic job requirements:
• Customer service oriented.
• Available to work a minimum 9 hours per week during the standard work day.
• Ability to deal calmly with frustrated clients who call into Directory Services.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Provide contact information to callers by providing the appropriate extension number and/or re-directing their call to that extension.
• Respond to callers' inquiries of a general nature either through directly answering question(s) or referring them to the appropriate source.
• Utilize software and equipment required to reference directory information.
• Reference and maintain database of frequently asked questions as aid in response to inquiries.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please send your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Development and maintenance of communications materials, including proofreading and editing
• Management of websites and social media (ex., T-square, Advising Blog, Weekly Digest, Facebook, etc.)
• Graphics/design of flyers, infographics, and marketing/recruitment visual media
• Maintain recruitment, advising, internship, career, graduate study and study abroad data and information
• Logistics for guest speakers/luncheons, information sessions, site/career visits, etc.
• File management, web research, data entry and report generation
• Filing, photocopying, mailing, faxing and phone, plus other duties as assigned
• Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and follow instruction
• Strong oral and written communication skills and high attention to detail
• Business or social event/travel and logistics planning experience
• Excellent word processing, database management and website editing skills. Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Publisher, and aptitude for learning new computer skills. High proficiency in using Google applications, blog and social media software (ex., WordPress, YouTube, Facebook), and knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, graphic design and photo editing software (ex., PhotoShop).
• Enthusiasm for working with the Nunn School and Ivan Allen College and comfortable working in a team environment
Interested candidates should email a portfolio highlighting their experience, skills, software program proficiency and work history to email@example.com. The portfolio should include a resume and cover letter, links to websites/blogs that you have developed/maintained, and examples of flyers/posters/media you have designed/created. Please also indicate your specific summer availability in your cover letter (days/hours you could work up to 20 hours per week).
Please submit your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 21, 2017. Indicate "INTA Assistant Position" in the subject line of the email.
The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and will be a self-starter who is motivate to develop exciting promotional materials.
-Intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Suite (eg Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
-Demonstrable graphic design skills with a design/art portfolio
-Possession of creative flair, versatility and conceptual/visual ability
-Familiarity with HTML5/CSS
-Receptive to critical feedback from clients
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with collecting research data
• Compiling, organizing, and inputting research data in actionable project mapping formats
• Participating in preparation of final reports and presentations
• Assisting when needed with coordination and implementation of evaluation/data collection plans
• Ongoing correspondence with key stakeholders
Specialized skills required for this job:
• Highly organized with close attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with qualitative data collection
• Skill in data organization and management
• Competence with Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Entrepreneurial ability
The Campus Services-Information Technology Group at Georgia Tech is seeking a current student to join our Application Services team in a web developer role. The student will develop new websites using Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal) using the official Georgia Tech theme/styling, as well as other purchased themes, for the various Campus Services business units.
The ideal candidate will have strong fundamental skills and be a self-starter who is motivated to develop creative websites.
Intermediate skills in HTML5 / CSS3
Basic knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator)
Strong analytical, organizational and creative skills (eye for visual design is a plus)
Experience building websites in Drupal or other CMS
Familiarity with Google Analytics
Eagerness to work directly with clients, not limited to presentation of findings and your recommendations
Receptive to critical feedback from clients
- Support our customer service effort by demonstrating room technology, answering basic questions, and solving common user error problems.
- Perform periodic room checks including, testing of audio/visual components of the room and basic functionality of the computer.
- Be able to assist in medium level problem solving including but not limited to:
- Disconnect or unplug components
- Basic control issues such as synchronization of component issues.
- Check signal pathways for breakages.
- Replace standard room components. (Speakers, Amps, Computer)
- Be able to work with FTE and other students in solving problems.
- Participate in maintenance scheduled during the semester breaks.
- Escalate any hardware or usage errors to a supervisor.
Prospective applicants should have a firm grasp of basic computer skills. Applicants should have a good understanding of A/V technology and have a good problem solving back ground. Customer service is a necessary and important part of this job, and the ability to assist in this is vital to the job.