We know working for the Student Center isn't for everyone, but there are still many excellent opportunities to work across campus.The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. Contact information for each position can be found in the descriptions. Please note that they are NOT Student Center positions.
The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and will be a self-starter who is motivate to develop exciting promotional materials.
-Intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Suite (eg Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
-Demonstrable graphic design skills with a design/art portfolio
-Possession of creative flair, versatility and conceptual/visual ability
-Familiarity with HTML5/CSS
-Receptive to critical feedback from clients
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with collecting research data
• Compiling, organizing, and inputting research data in actionable project mapping formats
• Participating in preparation of final reports and presentations
• Assisting when needed with coordination and implementation of evaluation/data collection plans
• Ongoing correspondence with key stakeholders
Specialized skills required for this job:
• Highly organized with close attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with qualitative data collection
• Skill in data organization and management
• Competence with Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Entrepreneurial ability
The Campus Services-Information Technology Group at Georgia Tech is seeking a current student to join our Application Services team in a web developer role. The student will develop new websites using Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal) using the official Georgia Tech theme/styling, as well as other purchased themes, for the various Campus Services business units.
The ideal candidate will have strong fundamental skills and be a self-starter who is motivated to develop creative websites.
Intermediate skills in HTML5 / CSS3
Basic knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator)
Strong analytical, organizational and creative skills (eye for visual design is a plus)
Experience building websites in Drupal or other CMS
Familiarity with Google Analytics
Eagerness to work directly with clients, not limited to presentation of findings and your recommendations
Receptive to critical feedback from clients
- Support our customer service effort by demonstrating room technology, answering basic questions, and solving common user error problems.
- Perform periodic room checks including, testing of audio/visual components of the room and basic functionality of the computer.
- Be able to assist in medium level problem solving including but not limited to:
- Disconnect or unplug components
- Basic control issues such as synchronization of component issues.
- Check signal pathways for breakages.
- Replace standard room components. (Speakers, Amps, Computer)
- Be able to work with FTE and other students in solving problems.
- Participate in maintenance scheduled during the semester breaks.
- Escalate any hardware or usage errors to a supervisor.
Prospective applicants should have a firm grasp of basic computer skills. Applicants should have a good understanding of A/V technology and have a good problem solving back ground. Customer service is a necessary and important part of this job, and the ability to assist in this is vital to the job.
To be considered for the position please email your resume to Ms. Yelena Rivera-Vale
If interested, please send an email along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org