We know working for the Student Center isn't for everyone, but there are still many excellent opportunities to work across campus.The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. Contact information for each position can be found in the descriptions. Please note that they are NOT Student Center positions.
Respond to calls and emails
Key audits, Key racking
Assisting housing staff and residents
Assisting students with Lock-outs/key issues
This position requires excellent communication skills, a strong and articulate speaking voice, the ability to think on your feet, and a genuine affinity for Tech. Working on the Phonathon team is a great opportunity to improve your communication, fundraising, negotiating, and public relations skills for life after Tech.
We hope that you will be part of our team. This semester students will have the flexibility to call remotely and shape their schedule from a variety of days and times. To apply, please fill out the online application at gtalumni.org/phonathonapp.
-Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work closely with WLPD team in developing and editing multi-modal, interactive course content.
• Assist training generalists with application of authoring software (Articulate Storyline, Vyond, etc.) to develop and edit courses.
• Collaborate with other instructional designers in creating and editing courses.
• Other duties as determined.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Experience with Articulate Storyline, Vyond, and other authoring software.
• Must be creative with a natural curiosity about production of interactive content.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Possess great planning and organizational skills.
• Exhibits a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Be self-motivated.
We are looking for volunteers who meet the following criteria to participate in an on-virtual study:
● Have access to a computer with a webcam, a speaker, mic, and a stable internet
● Be enrolled in one of Georgia Tech’s engineering or industrial design Undergraduate or Graduate programs
● Be over 18 years old
● Have a minimum of two years of experience with design
● Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
● Be a fluent English speaker
● Be able to discuss and provide ideas in English fluently during the study
● Be able to provide written consent
For this study, you should not:
• Have difficulty speaking or understanding the English language
• Be under 18 years old
Data will be collected in a virtual setting (WebEx or Bluejeans) between the dates of January 20, 2021, and December 31, 2021. The total amount of time for participation is estimated to be 60 minutes, which includes time for brief surveys and completing group brainstorming tasks.
Monetary compensation of $10 will be given to each participant. Participants are not likely to benefit directly in any way from participating in this research. The risks involved are no greater than those involved in daily activities as a student.
If you’re interested in participating, please contact Bumsoo Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Kate Fu (email@example.com) to volunteer.
Must be in good academic standing
Must not have any competing resources for time such as being employed by another job
- Work Under the OIT A&I Operations and Engineering group
- Help Create metrics reports for services provided by OIT
- Assist in the resolution of incidents and requests for IT systems and services
- Web development for group service page
- Development of ServiceNow forms for requests and incident resolution
- Monitor IT bulletins for security advisories, recommended updates or patching of services
- Create whitepapers to document current and future IT services
- Assist in the troubleshooting and creation of enterprise backups
- Linux and Windows System Administration
- ServiceNow or similar change management and ticket management tool
- Basic computer networking including understanding of VLANS, DNS, and ip routing
- Shell Scripting
- SolarWinds or similar network monitoring tool
- Enterprise Backups and Restores
- Excellent communication skills
The GT1000/GT2000 Program is looking for a Graphic Design student to assist the staff with the creation and maintenance of design elements and documents.
• Help develop marketing plan and strategies for our services (GT 1000 & 2000, Team Leader program, etc.)
• Design print material, web banners, and social media icons
• Create and implement social media campaigns for different initiatives
• Design and maintain social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
• Assist with outreach to current and incoming student populations including tabling, placement and distribution of marketing materials on campus, and social media.
• Other duties as assigned
• Georgia Tech undergraduate student in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Illustrator)
• Ability to produce marketing collateral using Adobe Suite of design products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Responsible, dependable, honest, and trustworthy
• Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students
• Basic knowledge of Georgia Tech's campus and campus services
• Pursuit of a design-related major within the College(s) of Computing, Business, Design, or Liberal Arts
• Experience with Canvas
• Experience with website design and marketing strategy
• Experience marketing to undergraduate student populations
• Coding and animation creation is a PLUS**
The Georgia Tech Manufacturing Institute (GTMI) is one of Georgia Tech’s 11 interdisciplinary research institutes (IRI’s), and an integral part of the broader Georgia Tech research enterprise. As an IRI, GTMI works with all of Georgia Tech’s colleges, other IRIs, including the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI), and affiliated programs like the Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2) and the Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership (GaMEP) in a cross-discipline way to fully harness GT’s strengths and resources. https://manufacturing.gatech.edu
(new website pending launch: https://research.gatech.edu/manufacturing )
The Atlanta Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) Business and Advanced Manufacturing Centers, units within EI2, is a state and federally funded program that helps minority business enterprises (MBEs) grow, stay competitive, and become sustainable. https://mbdabusinesscenter-atlanta.org/
The SA will be responsible for assisting with administrative, marketing, communication, as well as program development and execution for GTMI and the Atlanta MBDA Centers.
Candidate will be responsible for assisting with entering and updating contacts into the database system; reviewing and updating websites and social media sites; assisting with logistics for online workshops and group sessions; data compilation and market research, and assisting engineering faculty and students with projects as appropriate. Candidate will also assist with educational summer program development and execution such as planning program activities and drafting program calendars. Candidate available to work in both Spring and Summer months is required. He/she will also provide general assistance to Institute staff as needed.
Strong writing, analytical, and computer skills are mandatory, along with excellent library and internet research skills. Applicants must be proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe (Reader and Standard), and PowerPoint. Time management skills to meet project deliverables and deadlines, excellent communication (Written, Oral, Visual, Electronic, and Nonverbal) skills, and the ability to convey complex information in simplified ways.
Experience with MailChimp, WordPress and SalesForce are highly desirable. Fluency in both written and spoken English is expected, as interpersonal communication is an essential component of this position.
Submit resume and cover letter in a single PDF document via email to Dr. Billyde Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of email indicate “Application of Interest.” Include your LinkedIn profile in the email, along with your phone number.
This is a remote and on-campus position, located at GTMI, Callaway Manufacturing Research Building, 813 Ferst Drive, NW Atlanta, GA 30332.