We know working for the Student Center isn't for everyone, but there are still many excellent opportunities to work across campus.The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. Contact information for each position can be found in the descriptions. Please note that they are NOT Student Center positions.
Game Day staff responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Process ticket orders and allocate seats for season and single game requests via ticket window for ticketed sports
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment and communicate clearly to fans
• Daily contact with donors, season ticket holders, faculty and staff, students, and public
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is a hybrid role requiring strong skills in both user-centered design principles and web development. In this role, you will directly manage and provide UX/web support for your assigned portfolio of digital properties.
Provide UX strategy and support for assigned clients including design and execution of qualitative research, journey and experience mapping, and requirements gathering.
Convert concepts and requirements into user-friendly, intuitive solutions employing methods such as sketches, wireframes or prototypes.
Provide UX recommendations by gathering and/or interpreting business and product requirements, conducting user testing, and iterating and/or building novel use cases and user stories.
Web Design Responsibilities:
Resolve and troubleshoot development roadblocks
Produce artifacts that communicate website KPIs to client
Research and present current industry trends and recommendations
-Students will manage their assigned portfolio of websites and support client requests
-Assist clients in content creation
-Resolve and troubleshoot development roadblocks
-Produce artifacts that communicate website KPIs to client
-Research and present current industry trends and recommendations
-Must possess a minimum of 1+ year of experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
-Strong analytical, organizational and creative skills (eye for visual design is a plus)
-Prior experience developing user interfaces and prototypes from wireframes and designs
-Experience building websites in Drupal or other CMS/publishing platform
-Project management and team collaboration, as well as the ability to work independently
-Familiarity with Google Analytics
-Receptive to critical feedback from clients
-Strong desire to learn new skills
-Strong troubleshooting skills
-Digital media experience
• Creating an innovation roadmap for each student team assigned with key deliverables.
• Developing strategies to commercialize student innovations.
• Working with student teams to develop their pitches.
• Cultivating an understanding of market roadblocks student teams will likely face in their specific target market.
• Maintaining accountability for teams that have been given targets during the development of their idea, including those given by the Pitch Your Idea committee.
• Helping to create and moderate virtual and in-person events/activities.
• Coordinating social media messaging across all platforms.
• Crafting and distributing the weekly newsletter.
• Participating in and provide resources for innovation events, including workshops, talks, networking sessions, and competitions.
• Helping with the planning and organization of the new Student Innovation Advisory Group.
• Position requires a minimum commitment of 6 hours and a maximum of 10 hours per week during the Fall and Spring semester.
• Flexibility is needed as some events will be during the evening.
Required skills or abilities:
• Must be currently enrolled at GT and in good academic standing
• Preferred: Student with at least 2 semesters remaining at Tech
• Ability to develop digital graphics for social media, print and marketing initiatives (might be needed at times – we have a graphic artist)
• Ability to generate weekly Social Media plans and management support
• Experience in Photography and Videography
• Experience with Constant Contact or similar digital marketing tool (preferred)
• A high level of accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
• Acute attention to detail;
• Inclination towards collaboration;
• Clear interpersonal communication; and
• Dedication to efficiency and timeliness.
Desired skills or abilities:
• Teachable personality;
• Empathetic listening skills;
• Strong, concise writing;
• Photography experience;
• Digital asset management
• Creates graphically engaging presentations and materials.
• Edits images and videos for communications activities.
• Takes on other special projects as assigned.
• Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
How to Apply:
Please, send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to Recha Reid [Recha.Reid@gatech.edu] with the subject line ‘Innovation Student Assistant – First-Name Last-Name.’
Engage is a first-of-its-kind enterprise venture platform that is administered by the Enterprise Innovation Insitute at Georgai Tech. The Engage platform dramatically accelerates startup growth and corporate innovation. 11 leading corporations - AT&T, Chick-Fil-A, Cox Enterprises, Delta, Georgia Pacific, Georgia Power, Goldman Sachs, The Home Depot, Intercontinental Exchange, Invesco, and UPS - partnered with the Georgia Institute of Technology and Invest Georgia, have backed the Engage fund, managed by Tech Square Ventures.
Informed by insights derived from corporate partners and cross-industry trends, we recruit startups from around the world. They enter an enterprise go-to-market program that accelerates the path to scale, working directly with corporate partners to implement pilots and contracts. At the same time, our corporate partners are empowered to strengthen their innovation capacity and learn from each other in a cross-disciplinary manner.
Interns at Engage will have the unique opportunity to learn about the go-to-market growth platform and venture fund by supporting the Engage team on the different aspects of working with our startups and corporate partners.
This is a part-time, semester long, internship program with the exact start date subject to the candidate’s school schedule. Associates will be paid an hourly rate of $10-12.50 per hour based on their experience. We intend to conduct the program remotely during this time. The internship program will be managed by the Director of Platform & Operations at Engage – Dr. Nammy Vedire – and each intern will report to different team members.
The specific responsibilities and requirements of this role are detailed below:
o Assist Engage team in building Insight deep-dive reports on specific industry verticals or trends that are of relevance to the corporate partners.
o Conduct a thorough analysis of themes and trends, detailed profiles of emerging players, and a perspective on the future of the industry.
o Research multiple databases, journals, and news articles to unearth unique solutions and diligence new startups in those spaces.
o Work in the Insights team to produce concise executive summaries, long form presentations/ reports, and relevant databases.
o Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
o Experience with conducting research and analysis on industry sectors/ trends.
o Ability to produce excellent written reports and deliver oral presentations.
o Self-starter who can work on a team with minimal guidance
o Experience in the consulting industry/ roles is a plus.
o MBA students will be given preference.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must be able to work out of the Engage Office in Midtown Atlanta. Please, send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to Dr. Nammy Vedire [firstname.lastname@example.org] with the subject line ‘Engage Insights Analyst Internship.’ Deadline for applying is 12:00 pm on Friday, August 14th 2020.
Engage is a strategic innovation and corporate venture platform that is administered by the Entreprise Innovation Institute at Georgia Tech. Through the Engage platform, we dramatically accelerates startup growth and corporate innovation. 11 leading corporations - AT&T, Chick-Fil-A, Cox Enterprises, Delta, Georgia Pacific, Georgia Power, Goldman Sachs, The Home Depot, Intercontinental Exchange, Invesco, and UPS partnered with the Georgia Institute of Technology and Invest Georgia as partners and backers of Engage.
Informed by insights derived from corporate partners and cross-industry trends, we invest in startups from around the country. Post-investment, they enter an enterprise go-to-market program that accelerates their path to scale, working directly with corporate partners to implement pilots and contracts. At the same time, our corporate partners are empowered to strengthen their innovation capacity and learn from their peers facing similar challenges.
This is a part-time, semester long, internship program with the exact start date subject to the candidate’s school schedule. Associates will be paid an hourly rate of $15 per hour. We intend to conduct the program remotely during this time. The internship program will be managed by the Director of Platform & Operations at Engage – Dr. Nammy Vedire – and each intern will report to different team members.
Overview of the Role:
Investment Associate Interns will gain an understanding of our investment thesis, what we look for, and our investment process. The investment phase includes assisting in deal sourcing, screening, diligence, and closing.
1. Sourcing: Help identify and engage potential investment opportunities through research, outreach, networking, and events.
2. Screening: Conduct initial reviews for fit and opportunity. The initial review typically includes reviewing company-provided materials (executive summary or presentation deck) and phone screening.
3. Diligence: Assist in diligence on companies we are actively reviewing. Diligence will include analyzing the founders and team, market size, competitive landscape, opportunity timing, fit with our investment thesis, IP and defensibility, business model and the accompanying financial models, key milestones, sales and distribution, and our ability to help the company succeed.
4. Closing: Assist in preparing deal memos, term sheet preparation, legal due diligence, legal documentation, and the closing process and communications.
5. Insights Dives: Assist in thorough analysis of themes and trends relevant to the corporate partners, producing detailed profiles of emerging startups and a perspective on the future of the industry or market trend.
6. Research: Leverage multiple databases, journals, and news articles to unearth unique solutions and diligence relevant startups surfaced.
7. Presentation: Produce concise executive summaries, long form presentations / reports, and relevant databases.
The Investment Associate internships are structured to provide exposure to the three primary areas of venture capital – investment / capital markets, portfolio management, and fund administration. All interns will initially focus on investments and fund administration and as (or if) they progress, will add portfolio management tasks.
o Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
o Ability to produce professional written analyses and reports.
o Basic financial modeling and integrated financial statement proficiency.
o Experience or interest in researching and evaluating companies/industries (business model, competitive landscape, product, customer traction, company positioning).
o Curiosity and passion for understanding customers, markets, and business models.
o Technical expertise, interest, or capacity to understand and evaluate a wide range of technologies encompassing software, hardware, AI, IoT, robotics, etc….
o Self-starter who can work on a team with minimal guidance
o 3 years work experience preferred
o Must be a current MBA student or graduated in the last 12 months.
How to Apply:
Please, send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to Dr. Nammy Vedire [email@example.com] with the subject line ‘Investment Associate Internship.’ Deadline for applying is 12:00 pm on Friday, August 14th 2020.
This position will be responsible for creating accessible text files for students with print-related disabilities. Student workers will need to have practical computer skills and will learn advanced production techniques to create accessible e-text for a statewide production unit under CIDI, the Center for Instructional Design and Innovation, which is a USG/BOR statewide disability service and research center at Georgia Tech. The work will vary according to the nature of the project currently assigned by the Unit Manager. Please visit our website to find out more about CIDI’s E-Text Department.
• Reliable and dependable
• Advanced computer skills
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized
• Be able to work efficiently and accurately
• Typing speed of 45 wpm or higher
• Excellent reading comprehension, spelling, and grammar skills
• Knowledge of digital file formats such as PDF and MS Word Doc
• Anticipated graduation date is at least one year later than current date
• Knowledge of XHTML, XML (Additional knowledge of CSS, XSLT preferred)
• Ability to use a database entry/tracking system
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot technical/software-related issues
• Two to three years of experience with applications such as Acrobat, MS Office, ABBYY FineReader, or various Assistive Technology Software
• Knowledge of relevant accessibility standards
• 15-30 minute Skills Test to be administered immediately after the interview to assess basic computer and writing skills.
• PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION TO THE E-TEXT MANAGER: firstname.lastname@example.org.