We know working for the Student Center isn't for everyone, but there are still many excellent opportunities to work across campus.The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. Contact information for each position can be found in the descriptions. Please note that they are NOT Student Center positions.
Provide communication assistance through email, the website (hr.gatech.edu), and internal print collateral. Update forms, webpages, and content affected by seasonal and policy changes. Assist in communication for GTHR campaigns, which may include working with print vendors, editing design files, and writing copy for webpages.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Update forms through Adobe Acrobat
• Update the GTHR website (operated through Drupal 7 platform)
• Coordinate campaigns with print vendors and internal multidisciplinary teams
• Copyedit and proofread documents, presentations, and webpages
• Consistent use of the Institute style guide
• Other skills as need
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
• Graphic design experience highly preferred
• Writing or web design experience
• High attention to detail
• Excellent grammar
• Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
As a result of this position, the student employee will gain the following soft and hard skills and competencies:
• Web development through Drupal 7: the ability to create, edit and design webpages and web content
• Project coordination with print vendors: coordinate print deadlines and specifications; receipt and filing of invoices; and receipt of approvals
• Copyediting/proofreading: implement (requested and unrequested) copyedits for seasonal content, policy updates, cross-market emails, presentations, and proposals
• Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Illustrator design and editing: create, design, and edit graphics for web, print, and digital display platforms
• Ability to coordinate tasks through a multidisciplinary department and develop effective verbal and written communication
• Understand how to communicate on behalf of a technical client with care for legal and financial language
Must be flexible, energetic, love football and able to preform physical activities.
Need immediately. Normal time frame is August 1 through May 1.
We are looking for interns for this summer for our End User Support department!
Work can start after the spring semester has finished. We will work with you on when your training begins if you are offered a position.
There will be multiple training sessions and the implementation of your role in the workplace will be gradual.
You will be provided with resources to learn about ITSM/ITIL practices in general and at Georgia Tech.
You will gain Customer Support, IT Support and IT Process Analysis experience!
Only class requirement is that you are a part or full-time student this Spring semester. See job description for preferred qualifications.
Rate is $15/hr. We will prefer intern candidates who can work closest to 40hrs a week.
Email resumes and inquiries for the full Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key inventory (audits)
Opening/Closing the office
Assisting Residents & Visitors
Working with other housing staff members
Must be a Georgia Tech student
Must have and maintain a 2.0 GPA
Must have good communication skills (verbal & written)
Must be able to interact with a diverse group of students
Must have some computer experience
Must be available to work during some lunch hours
Email me then I will send the application.
For more information and application, please see http://success.gatech.edu/employment
For more information and application please see http://success.gatech.edu/employment
For more information, please see http://success.gatech.edu/employment .
Proficiency in AJAX to send and receive requests.
Understanding of Relational Databases.
Knowledge of back-end programming languages (C# preferred).
Terms of Employment:
Full or partial graduate assistantship to begin in March 2019.
Candidates are sought from any Georgia Tech School.
Stipend depending on qualifications but compatible with general Georgia Tech guidelines.
Duration: 1 year with potential for renewal depending on performance.
Please submit your CV, including your experience in the above-referenced area and examples of relevant web development products, if any, to:
Dr. Martin Kistenmacher
Assistant Director, Georgia Water Resources Institute
With copy to: email@example.com