We know working for the Student Center isn't for everyone, but there are still many excellent opportunities to work across campus.The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. Contact information for each position can be found in the descriptions. Please note that they are NOT Student Center positions.
• Imaging computers
• Encrypting hard drives
• Installing and troubleshooting PC software/hardware
• IT inventory auditing
• End-user support
• Digital signage projects
This position will provide hands-on experience in an IT department of a highly-respected applied research and development organization. Student Assistants are expected to develop skills in communication with IT professionals, develop skills in IT problem solving, learn how to work in teams, learn how to adapt in an IT environment, and learn different technologies and software.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Student Assistant/Research Assistant
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field at a University System of Georgia institution
Must be registered for at least 6 credit hours with your university during working semesters
2.0 or higher cumulative GPA
Experience in one or more programming languages
Task / team leadership experience
Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
HOURS PER WEEK
10–20 hours per week
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
CLEARANCE TYPE REQUIRED
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
HOUSING AND RELOCATION
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
***Apply by visiting: https://careers.gtri.gatech.edu/cw/en-us/job/495182/information-technology-student-assistant-isd-spring-2020***
Maintain BuzzFunds records and oversee the award process from submission to award. Work with student groups to coordinate event report submission and expense reimbursement. Prepare reimbursement material for check request or cost transfer packet.
IMPACT & INFLUENCE:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit management, staff, co-workers, and students. This position typically will advise and counsel: NA This position will supervise: NA.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Review of award proposals and coordination with the BuzzFunds Award Review Committee and the Campus Services Director of Communications to obtain approval for awards.
• Prepare BuzzFund reports, showing inflows, transfers, and outflows of BuzzFund resources, track commitments and ensure report reconciles with the Institute’s financial records.
• Collect and review reimbursement materials from students and internal Georgia Tech departments and prepare check requests or cost transfer documentation as applicable.
• Track and monitor BuzzFund awards to student groups, showing awarded amount, reimbursed to date, and remaining award.
• Meet with students to ensure they are aware of their responsibility and documentation required to be reimbursed.
• Work with departments within the Institute to handle cost transfers of funds used to support student events.
• Prepare check requests ensuring internal practices are up-to-date and operating within Institute policy with regards to student and employee reimbursements.
Specialized skills required for this job:
• Microsoft Office Suite, with heavy emphasis on Microsoft Excel
Specialized skills preferred:
• Strong communication skills
Provides operational usage of the video management system to patrol areas of campus. Assist Police dispatchers and supervisors using the surveillance cameras to support their daily missions to keep the campus safe.
• Utilize the video management system in areas with large concentrations of people where incidents are likely to occur and monitor hot-spots.
• Utilize the video management system to provide situation awareness to officers responding to in progress calls and to observe and record officer contacts with the public.
• Inform communications officers of potential problems or incidents.
• Identify and report camera repair issues.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Applicants will be required to pass a background check.
• Scan, organize, and file documents.
• Assist with creating spreadsheets and database for record keeping.
• Data entry.
• Upload and organize notes to iPad by using appropriate applications.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow directions and work as self-starter.
• Exceptional organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel).
Please email your current CV and a statement of interest to Fariah Majmundar at firstname.lastname@example.org