We know working for the Student Center isn't for everyone, but there are still many excellent opportunities to work across campus.The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. Contact information for each position can be found in the descriptions. Please note that they are NOT Student Center positions.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Update forms through Adobe Acrobat
• Update the GTHR website (operated through Drupal 7 platform)
• Coordinate campaigns with print vendors and internal multidisciplinary teams
• Copyedit and proofread documents, presentations, and webpages
• Consistent use of the Institute style guide
• Other skills as need
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
• Graphic design experience highly preferred
• Writing or web design experience
• High attention to detail
• Excellent grammar
• Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
Please submit your resume and email outlining your interest to Chaundra Grant email@example.com. Relevant work samples are desired but not required.
Duties may include:
• Updating CTL web pages with content and visuals
• Creating new pages for events, reports, etc.
• Managing the back end of the CTL Wordpress blog
• Moving existing publications designed for print into solely online formats
• Taking and editing photos for use on webpages and other publications
• Working within GT visual guidelines
• Designing other visuals or graphics as needed
• Current Georgia Tech undergraduate student
• Required to be registered for classes at Georgia Tech’s Atlanta campus and be physically located within the US.
• Demonstrated experience working on website/webpage design.
• Working knowledge of design tools within Adobe Creative Suite and Wordpress.
• Creative. Demonstrated web design and content talent.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Working knowledge of Drupal preferred, or high comfort level learning a web development platform quickly.
• Interest and experience in graphic design/photography a plus.
To apply: Please submit your resume to Rebecca Pope-Ruark @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a link to your portfolio or examples of your web work on your resume.
Deliver support to customers around Georgia Tech about how to use OIT Web Hosting service efficiently and effectively. This includes troubleshooting site issues, provisioning and decommissioning sites, and other duties as assigned. Improve services by assisting with automation to streamline provisioning, deprovisioning, and service fulfillment. Assist in the documentation of processes/procedures.
Impact & Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: website owners, OIT Web Hosting Team members, and other IT Staff members.
• Interest in Web-based Technologies
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner via phone and email
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
• Good Technical writing and documentation skills
• Willingness to learn new things
• Good understanding of Web technologies and web development including but not limited to PHP, Drupal, Wordpress, MySQL, Apache, AWS and similar technologies.
• Familiarity with at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell, Perl, etc.)
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
The job requires a US citizen. The person will need to be able to access data that is classified or export control.
Students may work remotely and are not required to come into the OIT office; however, they may do so if they chose. Students are NOT allowed to work while outside of the United States.