In addition to the Student Center, there are many excellent opportunities to work across campus. The positions listed below are submitted to the Student Center Information Desk for posting by various hiring departments around campus. The contact information for each position can be found in the job descriptions.
Please note that the positions listed below are NOT Student Center positions. Please click here for student jobs with Student and Campus Event Centers
Post a Job
Submissions to the Campus Job Board can be made using the link below. Our team reviews submissions to the job board on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Each position will remain on the Campus Job Board for two (2) weeks from the posting date. If you wish to post a job for a longer duration of time, you must resubmit your request to the job board. For questions, please email us.
The Georgia Tech Foundation is hiring a student administrative assistant for immediate hire to work 10 to 20 hours per week in the Spring, Summer, & Fall semesters to assist with miscellaneous administrative duties.
Must have Summer availability.
Email your resume, current class schedule/availability, and declared major
with expected graduation year to email@example.com to apply.
Interviews will be scheduled based on availability (availability during mid-day/lunch hours is required).
for 2023. This is an opportunity for students looking to gain real-world
experience related to research, and community engagement.
The Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program (May 15th to August 4th).
All Georgia Tech undergraduate students are invited to apply.
Summer Interns will receive $6,000 for a full-time internship. Interns are paid bi-weekly.
Pay Rate: $6000 for the 10-weeks
Positions Available: Research Opportunity
Getting started is easy! Simply apply online, interview, and attend/pass one of our lifeguard certification classes.
We are hiring for Summer and Year-round lifeguards
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Part-time, max hours per week 20
• Prevent accidents and eliminate or minimize hazardous situations.
• Maintain vigilance of guests/swimmers by consistently scanning swimmer protection zones to maintain the '10/20 Protection Rule'
• Enforce safety rules, riding instructions and regulations for the safety of guests/swimmers
• Render aid by rescuing distressed swimmers
• Provide first aid and emergency care for guests/swimmers who suffer injuries or sudden illness
• Test and check for proper water chemistry according to state and local guidelines
• Perform daily facility maintenance and sanitation duties to provide and maintain a safe and aesthetically inviting aquatic facility for guests/swimmers
• Maintain passing scores and proper safety standards during on-the-job visual, unannounced lifeguard evaluations
• Attend a monthly in-service training meeting
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Lifeguard must possess a valid American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification.
We offer this certification class monthly at the McAuley Aquatic Center for the cost of $38 to include the American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, First Aid, CPR, AED, and Oxygen Administration. All materials will be provided for the course included in your course fee. The course is a blend of 20 hrs of online modules and 16 hours (typically 4 x 4-hr evening sessions) of in-class/pool instruction. We also accept valid Red Cross Lifeguarding certifications.
QUALIFICATIONS TO TAKE LIFEGUARD CLASS
An individual must be at least 16 years of age or older and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to enter the course and must be demonstrated prior to class participation.
• Lifeguard candidate must be able to continuously swim a distance of 300 yards (without resting) using the front crawl and/or breaststroke
• Lifeguard candidate must be able to tread water without using hands in deep water for two minutes
• Lifeguard candidate must be able to recover a 10 pound weight from eight feet (17') water depth
• $10/hr to start
• 10.50-$13/hr for positions as guards apply and get selected for promotions to Head Guard, Supervisor, Instructor, Student Managers
• Additional $1/hr for early mornings and holidays shifts.
• Additional $4/hr for meet shifts.
• All required uniforms for this position are provided by the CRC as part of your employment
• Team members must make their own accommodations for parking
WAYS TO APPLY & COURSE TIMES
• Apply online and search class times at:
• Email your interest to apply and/or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We host open interviews every Tuesday at 5pm. Please drop in and interview with our staff
• Accommodations to class times can be made on a case-by-case basis if they interfere with regularly scheduled activities or course work
NON-GEORGIA TECH/USG STUDENTS
• Non-Georgia Tech and University System of Georgia (USG) students may apply but may fall into a different employment classification that limits the allowable term of their employment to less than one year.
• All employment is at-will in accordance with state guidelines.
The Office of Undergraduate Education is looking for a student assistant to provide support to the Director of Undergraduate Analytics and Planning on website design and maintenance. The ideal candidate should be an excellent communicator who is adept with website content maintenance tasks, including administrative and design.
Job Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
• Configuring and maintaining Drupal and WordPress webpages.
• Working in Drupal and WordPress to manage content, create documentation, create articles and posts, and create and maintain pages.
• Working on blogs (create/add/update news and topics).
• Working on developing web applications.
• Meeting regularly with Director of Undergraduate Analytics & Planning
• Other duties related to the role as needed.
• Ability to write reusable and well documented code using best practices for web development.
• Experience working in Drupal and WordPress.
• Ability to analyze user needs to implement web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity.
• Experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must be able to work independently to complete projects in a timely manner.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional team player with strong time management and a willingness to learn new skills and ideas.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic, and enthusiasm.
• Graphic design, including creating and reconfiguring graphics for the website.
• Experience in Photoshop, including photo editing and retouching.
• Experience in Full Stack Development, Web Scraping, or UX design
Email a copy of your resume, along with link to your portfolio/work sample to email@example.com
• Walk-in Customer interaction (Students, F/S, Contractors and Vendors)
• Answer phones, answer BuzzCard related questions
• Assist in processing passport photos for walk-in customers
• Perform other related duties as assigned
** Must be able to work during Week of Welcome - August 15-20 (no exceptions)
Duration: June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024
Job description and details:
For more information contact:
505 10th St NW, Atlanta GA 30332-0282
Provide professional level support to CEISMC’s Educational Research & Evaluation Team in conducting and reporting results of educational research studies associated with program evaluation. Includes coordination and organization of research documents, collection of data through surveys and observations, coding of qualitative data, and basic level of statistical data analysis.
Impact & Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with CEISMC’s Evaluation Team, research faculty, K-12 school personnel, and K-12 students.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with collecting research data through classroom observations, interviews, surveys, tests, etc.
• Compiling, organizing, and inputting research data in the form of K-12 student work, audio and videotaped interviews, surveys, and test results
• Assisting with conducting basic statistical analyses of quantitative research data
• Participating in preparation of reports, presentations, and manuscripts
• Assisting when needed with coordination and implementation of evaluation/data collection plans
• Performing other related duties as assigned
Education, Specialized Knowledge and Experience:
Degrees required for this job: Undergraduate degree or Graduate Student Status
Years of experience required for this job: Two years job-related experience
Specialized skills required for this job:
• Highly organized with close attention to detail
• Working knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of social science research
• Experience with qualitative data collection and analysis
• Skill in data organization, management, and evaluation
• Understanding of basic statistics and experience with statistical analysis of data
• Basic Understanding of SPSS software
• Competence with Microsoft Excel
Specialized skills preferred:
• Experience working in a research lab or group, especially working with human subjects and/or behavioral research.
The position will be available during summer 2023 (starting June 1st, ending August 1st) and work will be in person on Georgia Tech’s Atlanta campus. This position is contingent upon funding. If you are interested in the position, please forward your resume and a cover letter to Katie Boice, firstname.lastname@example.org.
**A background check is required for this position. The Georgia Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer.
You may be interacting with minors and must adhere to all regulatory compliance issues while working with CEISMC including but not limited to a criminal background check, appropriate pre-screening and training on working with minors.
In the Communication Center, students work together to answer incoming emails and phone calls to the Office of Undergraduate Admission. At the Front Desk, students direct guests to appropriate offices and event spaces, check-in guests for Admission Events, and answer questions. Students also assist with processing mail that’s delivered to our office.
Students typically work 5-10 hours per week, although more or less is also common. The maximum number of hours a student may work is 20 hours. Students are required to work at least 2 semesters in a calendar year, but do not have to be consecutive. Students may receive a pay raise based on performance or for each semester they continue working in the office.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission seeks to help students in their academic, professional, and personal success. The preferred qualifications for this job are your love for Georgia Tech and the ability to provide good customer service. If you meet the qualifications and you’re interested in applying, please submit your resume using the email listed above.
We hope you would consider working with us!
The Network Services team has the following opportunity available for Summer 2023:
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PART-TIME STUDENT ASSISTANT (1 position available)
• This position will work with the Network Services development team to develop tools to enhance network deployment, monitoring, and maintenance, and the campus customer experience. Note: There may be some tasks that could benefit from being physically on campus, but this position is expected to be able to complete most (if not all) assigned tasks remotely.
• Key Responsibilities:
• Contribute to development and support of web applications maintained by the network team and utilized by the campus IT community
• Contribute to development of new web applications for upcoming service offerings
• Create and maintain scripting and automation tooling to support campus network equipment and infrastructure
• Example Projects:
• REST API development with Laravel
• Self-service web portal frontend development with VueJS
• Automation with Python interacting with APIs, databases, and network devices
• CI/CD pipeline development with Jenkins and/or GitHub Actions
• Preferred skills/experience:
• An ideal candidate will have some level of experience with at least three of the following items:
• Scripting (Python, Bash)
• Version Control (Git)
• Databases (PostgreSQL and MySQL)
• Systems Administration (Linux / Windows)
• Data Networking (Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless networks)
NETWORK SUPPORT PART-TIME STUDENT ASSISTANT (3 positions available)
• These positions will work the Network Services team to support the campus backbone and wireless networks. Note: Applicant must be comfortable with being physically on campus to complete assigned tasks.
• Two of these positions will primarily focus on working with full-time Network Services team members to deploy data network hardware for the Access Layer Refresh project
• One of these positions will primarily focus on reviewing and updating wireless access point deployments within the Cisco DNA Center network management software
• Key Responsibilities:
• Work with team members to receive, prepare, transport, and install network electronics in campus buildings
• Support wireless/walk-up network (LAWN)
• Utilize network management, monitoring, and documentation tools
• Assist full-time network support engineers on other tasks as assigned
• Preferred skills/experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and network troubleshooting would be beneficial (but not required) for the position
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS
Impact and Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with OIT Network Services staff and occasionally with IT staff from other departments.
Due to regulatory and security requirements, we are only able to hire individuals classified as "United States persons". For more information, see item 3 "Who is considered a U.S. Person?" of the Oversight section of the nsa.gov FAQ: https://www.nsa.gov/about/faqs/sigint-faqs/#oversight3
You must be a currently-enrolled undergraduate student at the Georgia Tech-Atlanta campus to qualify for these positions.
Please fill out an application and upload your resume at https://forms.ns.gatech.edu/student-hiring-application.
* manage records and receipts
* reconcile daily, monthly, and yearly - foundation, state, and sponsor accounts
* prepare spend authorizations and expense requests
* update internal systems with financial data
* perform financial audits
* other general assistance as needed