Paper and Clay is the perfect place to have your next organization social, team builder, corporate function, or other special events! Re-opened in Fall 2022 after a complete renovation and relocation, guests can enjoy eight (8) pottery wheels, a variety of ceramics and glazes, large format printing, an outdoor patio with seating, and so much more. For more information on reservations, and event services, or to discuss your next function, contact the Paper and Clay Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
All groups of twelve (12) or more are required to pre-reserve the space by completing the online request form below. Reservations can be made starting one (1) year from the event date and all reservations are accommodated on a first-come-first-served basis. Once completed, Paper and Clay staff will process the reservation and will email the next steps to all clients. Event requests are processed during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.). Please note that an event request submission does not guarantee that the room is available for the date and time you requested. If the event space is not available, the Paper and Clay events team will contact you with an alternative date and/or time. Events are not confirmed until Paper and Clay staff receive all required information and the formal event confirmation email has been sent.
Reserve Paper and Clay
The reservation form will be open for submissions starting the first week of April. In the meantime, make sure you are familiar with our Paper and Clay Policies
A minimum of two (2) event hours are required for all rentals. Each reservation includes the requested event time, plus a window before and after the event to allow for set up and/or clean up only. Guests are not able to utilize the equipment until the event start time.
- Full Facility Rentals: One (1) hour before and after event start time. Extended time can be added for an additional cost.
- Ceramic Area Rentals: Thirty (30) minutes before and event start time
- Pottery Area Rentals: Thirty (30) minutes before and event start time
Paper and Clay is not reservable during the following times in the fall and spring semesters:
- During Georgia Tech home football games
- If another client has reserved Paper and Clay on that same day
- Adjacent to a Paper and Clay sponsored event or program. There must be two hours between events.
Reservations outside of normal business hours are allowed at the discretion of the Paper and Clay Manager. This includes Sundays, government holidays that are recognized by the institution, and other predetermined closing days throughout the year. Paper and Clay is normally closed the week between the end of one semester and the start of another, so these dates would be considered outside normal business hours. Rentals that are approved outside of normal business hours are subject to a $40 per hour staffing fee, which includes up to two staff.
Full Facility Rental
This rental type gives you private access to Paper and Clay!
- This 2-hour rental includes staff assistance, seating for up to 75 people, an outdoor patio with seating, the use of audio/video technology, and one craft activity per person.
- The associated base fee will be applied, plus the cost of materials per person based on the activity selected.
- Participants can select from one craft activity below: ceramics, pottery, or a general craft
- Ceramics: One ceramic item valued between $7-$9 per person
- Pottery: 8 pottery wheels (1-inch of clay per person)
- General Craft: please inquire with paper and clay staff about available craft options
Those wishing to reserve the full facility have priority and should reserve those at least thirty (30) days before the event.
Full Facility Prices
|Student Organizations||$200 plus cost of materials|
|Campus Departments||$400 plus cost of materials|
|Off-Campus Clients||$700 plus cost of materials|
(text and background only visible when logged in)
Ceramics Area Rental
- This 2-hour rental includes staff assistance, one ceramic item valued between $7-$9 per person (up to 50 people) at a reserved table, with a maximum of 4 tables for seating (12 people per table)
- A base fee of $25 per table will be applied to guarantee seating
- Limited special set up options are available
We ask that off-campus clients utilize our ‘full rental’ option, please see reservation policies for off-campus clients
Ceramics Area Pricing
|Student Organizations||$25 per table|
|Campus Departments||$35 per table|
Pottery Area Rental
This 2-hour rental includes staff assistance, 8 pottery wheels, the associated base fee, plus the cost of clay per person
Space comes as is and does not allow any special setup.
Pottery Area Pricing
|Student Organizations||$40 plus cost of clay|
|Campus Departments||$50 plus cost of clay|
Only one type of rental (i.e. full facility, ceramics area, or pottery area) may be reserved at the same time. If a client wishes to reserve both the ceramics area and pottery area, a full facility rental will be required.
Set Up Options
Special setup needs can only be accommodated during a full facility rental. During these, only the seating that is currently in the space may be utilized due to space/capacity requirements. The furniture can be rearranged to fit the group's needs but no other tables and chairs can be brought in for seating. Additional six (6) foot tables can be set added for catering needs, but the amount is dependent on other setup needs and space limitations. The Paper and Clay Manager can confirm how many additional tables can be added for each rental after the client discusses specific setup needs for each event.
To accommodate institute visitors, there are parking zones and meters situated across campus for visitors to use. Please note that all visitor parking is first come/first served. Please visit the Visitor’s Parking Website to view more information about locations and hourly rates.
Visitor parking closest to Paper and Clay can be found in the Student Center Parking Deck (W02) at Parkmobile Zone 8631. Please note, guests will share the parking deck with W02 campus permit customers. Prices vary based on the estimated number of vehicles.