Skip to main navigation
Skip to main content
- Use inter-campus mail envelopes whenever possible, but be sure to cross out all previous names and information. Inter-campus mail must be separated from USPS Mail by securing it with a rubber band.
- USPS outgoing mail must be accompanied by a Department Mailing Form. Failure to complete it properly can result in mail being returned.
- Always include the recipient's full name, department name and mail code. Click here for the most current mail code listing.
- Mail is delivered and collected twice daily in most departments. All mail must be ready for pick-up when the carrier arrives at your department.
- The Georgia Tech Post Office is a government contract station, therefore all mail sent via inter-campus mail must be official Georgia Tech Correspondence. Personal mail is not permitted in the campus mail system.
Other Mail Guidelines
- If you have a large mailing, which requires a special pick-up, you must make arrangements in advance by calling the Georgia Tech Post Office at (404) 385.4174.
- When a faculty or staff member leaves Georgia Tech, or transfers to another department, it is the responsibility of the department to forward the individual's mail. Individual members of a department needing to modify their mail code information should contact their Human Resources associate or HR Business Partner.
- Departments looking to change mail information should submit a Departmental Move Form.